pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Aliens?


Do I believe in aliens? Umm - I'm going to have to take the agnostic standpoint on that one. Just don't know. But I think the odds are in favour. There's no real reason to think they don't exist, right? To quote the movie Contact which I saw so long ago but remember enjoying, "If we're all alone, it'd be an awful waste of space." I'd like to tack on a little extra there: "And an awful waste of comedy." Have you seen the funny shit humans do? I think the comedy mostly stems from the fact that we try so hard to pretend human is so different from animal. Every time humans act like animals, we observe closely. We often laugh: "As soon as little jimmy smelled the steak bob was cooking, he came bounding up the stairs faster than Buster." (Buster is the dog, and only he deserves capital letters). Ha ha ha, little jimmy is like the dog when he's hungry, ha ha ha. Sometimes we don't laugh. "When they ran out of food, the dynamics of the life raft broke down. The survivors would wait for the cover of night to ambush each other, fighting to the death for the right to be the living one, the one who would eat his fellow dead and survive another day." See that's not as funny. Maybe you laughed, but it's not as funny. Right? The thing is, though, we observe closely, but we never seem to learn. That's the thing I think is the funniest. Don't get me wrong, I'm human too. I don't learn, too. But it's just way more fun to laugh at the whole thing, or at least the funny parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home