pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

AAAAaaaaand we're back


And no, I am not superimposed in this picture. It was low light so I had to get Stu to use a flash. This is at my favourite campsite ever, on my favourite river ever, the Magnetawan, when it was at a 30 year record flow, making this sport safe to jump in to, which it never was. Moving on. . .
So August was good - led a few shorter trips - 6,7, 3 days etc. There are some great stories from those I will post intermittently as the nostalgia grips me. Life is really different right now considering my surroundings from last year haven't changed too much. Alaina and I broke up 2 months ago, on very easy terms, so honestly no hard feelings there. I don't know where the hard feelings went, it's kind of wierd really to break up after almost 3 years and not really be too upset about it, but we have a very mutual understanding of our positions, so that's that. Back to the old single life. I'm pretty happy with the situation, I think we're both happy we had the courage to get out before it got stale. Anyway, we still talk. Alaina is in Kingston, 3 hours away doing OEE, which is outdoor experiental education, it's a teacher's degree in the outdoor context, very cool. So anywho, there's that.

Derek Pieper, or D-Rock Pipes, or just D-Rock, or just Pipes, is a long time camp friend and this year's house mate. Very solid guy with some awesome stories. Probably more integrity than anyone I know. My other housemate is a guy Derek knew, named Graeme. Graeme and I have been hanging out the last little while, going out, meeting each other's friends, crackin' jokes, telling stories, stuff new housemates do. We get along. Graeme is from Vancouver, and so is our welfare case of the house. It's kinda hard to lug your own computer desk and shit from BC, so he slept on the floor with his computer from a week ago up until now. We all seem to have gained some strange posessions suprisingly easily since then. Jocelyn, our neighbour, asked me if I needed a kitchen table. I said no but that Graeme did need a computer
desk, so we figured maybe he could use that. Jocelyn then said she did have a computer desk at home, that it was just a matter of getting it in the horse trailer. . . I then made a joke about how he was so poor we was sleeping on his floor. Later that night, after dinner at the 'rents, I pull in and see the horse trailer backed up to the ledge in front of our houses, like it was a shipping/receiving dock. So what did Jocelyn's kind parents bring Graeme? A huge computer desk, a bed frame, box spring and matress included, a big cushy chair for our living room, a night table, and a sweet tall backed computer chair, with wheels, better than the little one with wheels which we thought was an awesome find on our front lawn. Not to mention the kitchen table which we kept anyway and it's 3 chairs. So we furnished our apartment this year by doing nothing, by simply saying okay when people asked us if we needed stuff.
See - this is Graeme. He's kind of a big deal around here. The ladies love Graeme. To the point that 2 OV's ditched their Guelph duties to come an collect him from the airport. Hot.

Oh - what strange posession did I gain? A saltwater aquarium. It's pretty badass, no big deal. It's actually Bob's, he subletted myr oom for the summer, and now he's off to see the world. It's a little too big to fit in a travelling backpack, so he left it here. I'm the proud new owner of a little cube of ocean floor. It's called the nanocube - I don't know why - but it houses some anemones, several species of coral, a very colourful and active brine shrimp, whom I will name (v0tes on what to name him?), 2 snails, and 2 hermit crabs. It's a neat little set up in there, and if any one thing malfunctions, I'm screwed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should name him in my honour. that's all I'm sayin'

Will

Thursday, September 7, 2006 at 12:35:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

Done! He's officially Willsy the shrimp. This might infuriate Bob, but that's what I'm naming the shrimp.

Thursday, September 7, 2006 at 1:15:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAAAAALLLLLS
Bob

Thursday, September 7, 2006 at 1:43:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahaha! awesome!

Will

Thursday, September 7, 2006 at 2:00:00 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home