pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Game On?

It would appear so. My HD with all the pictures on it is down, so this text entry will have to suffice. . . it's short anyway.

So tomorrow around 1:50 my plane for miami leave. I connect through miami (great, no nalgene of water for me. . .) and fly to San Jose from there. I am stoked. Yank is going to pick me up from the airport, so what more could i ask? Thanks Yank. I appreciate you.

So I have to do a quick pack job, and then life will be fast forward (the way I like it) until August 27.

Rose at Village Camps got back to me over night. They do in fact have room for me in the Ardeche this year! I signed up for the late WRT course (interferes with tripper training by a few hours, but means 2 more weeks in france for me). So tomorrow she gets back to me with whether or not they can keep me on staff till june 12. I'm optimistic. If they were willing to hire me on for 20 days they should take me for 20 more right? Aaaaanyway, if she says yes I will have to find an internet cafe in Costa Rica and book a flight to france. My guess is I will be back for a total of, umm, 24-36 hours before I hop on a plane to Switzerland. From there it will be the old 1,2,3. Get off the plane in switzerland half dead from a red-eye flight, take the subway to the train station, buy my TGV/SNCF ticket to Montelimar for the next day, find a coop, buy some groceries, hop on the E bus to Point a la Bise (strange how one remembers all this) ask the nice lady if I can pitch my tent there for one night, get up early, run up the hill, catch the 6:45 to the train station, hop on the TGV, fall asleep, wake up in the south of france, get off, hop on the next bus to Vallon Pont D'Arc, and that's all she wrote!

After that the plan is to fly home in time for the WRT (june 15), do that, when it ends drive right to the Madawaska, join tripper training, and then go through the usual summer of river adventure. . . still don't know about the river/month of the explorer, but who cares about that anyway?

Also somewhere in the gap after I come back from CR I have to move out of here in case the boys find a subletter. . . shit. Better get on that!

Okay time to pack mofos! Peace out and much love. I will blog at my earliest convenience.

Adios.



At the request of Gabbo, here's some porchclimber footage. It's worth it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your videos arent working on my computer at present and it is distressing me.
are you coming on sat? i hope so.
gaby the great

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 7:09:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

Gabbo - I wasn't at your party because I'm in central america. if you read the post you replied to you'd know that. JESUS!

Monday, April 23, 2007 at 11:30:00 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home