pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

dropping the ball in the green green grass


Bought the R1 - now I'm happy. Takes great pics. France is creeping up. Got a new pile of exams to mark yesterday, I tore through most of the stack, got 16 left. . . But seriously, forget the boring stuff, let's get back to what this blog's really about: nothing. As you can see, the grass is green. Which is nice.
You know where that comes from? That "Which is nice" phrase? Caddyshack. Yank made me appreciate the genius of that movie when we first lived together. He loves it because Bill Murray is a damn genius in it. He was only supposed to have a minor role and apparently ended up ad-libbing so much absolute gold they couldn't leave it out. Talk about stealing the stage. There's one sequence (you can google it if you want to hear it exactly) where Bill is talking to Chevy Chase (I think), and he's making up absolute bullshit, and this is what comes out of his mouth:
"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

sheer genius.

Right - green grass. It's been hot here for some time now, and the trees are bustin' those buds out and the grass turned green real quick. April showers are helping the whole process along. Yesterday was Will's birthday. He's 23. Jay and I drank here with will with hockey on the TV all night. Not my normal idea of a good time - but it was fun. I wanted to go out somewhere, but that's not Will's idea of a good time, so since he was the birthday boy. . . Also Mack was NOT here, I repeat NOT here after promising to BE here. For his room mate's birthday. Mack, you dropped the ball, Will was sad.

I might add that I turned 25 the other day, but I won't add that since that's neither here nor there.

So now it's time to get back to marking and get my life in order. Think I might have to go out again tonight. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home