pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

on hold


So here I am - on hold with Mastercard. How did I get like this you ask? (cue rewind sound)
It all started yesterday. I made my decision. I had to have the Nikon D50. The camera looked sweet and made the most sense. I walked over to Black's to see if they had it, and what the competition was like. They were nice. They told me I could get the price matched even 2 months after I bought it if I found it cheaper somewhere else - tough to beat. I got home and found a website I like to buy from offering it cheaper. Having tried it and liked it at the store, I made the order. I also ordered a memory stick for $90 from them. Better prices than Black's. . . After going to bed I realized that after shipping and taxes, the price wasn't that far off of Black's, and that Black's offered some free corel software, 25 free prints, a 1 hour lesson on the camera, and warranty support. . . hmm. This morning after I woke up I cancelled the camera but kept the memory stick order. Also ordered some batteries yesterday for it. Took the camera home and messed around with it, realising I couldn't see pictures with it until after I took them. F-that. I need live preview. What's the point in a digital SLR if you can't see what the fuck you're taking until after you took it ? All it does is save the money on film, nothing else.
The sony DSC-R1 I've had my eye on is reputedly better quality, with a live preview, just you can't take the lens off. But the lens is way better so I probably wouldn't want to, especially travelling. I wouldn't want to lug lenses all over the friggin planet with me for different scenarios. So that's that. I went back, got a refund. This morning my credit card wouldn't go through. Turned out it hadn't refunded the money from the transaction I cancelled earlier today yet. . . The lady on the phone told me it might take up to a month for that to happen. Well I can't afford that. If I need emerg money in france I need a damned credit card. So I called, got the limit raised. All is well in the kingdom of life now. Going to the Sony store tomorrow morning to claim my prize.

Brought my acceptance in today for psych. . . yay. don't care. Hopefully Francesco will tell me I can go through Biomed.

Going to call the Greek Garden and see if they have an olive barrel I can have for trip. They're probaby going to look at me like I have three heads, but I'm cool with that.

Tomorrow I will spend way too much money on outdoor crap and this camera. What's money for though right?

Here is the only pic I saved from my 1 day stand with the D50.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home