pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

D12



D12

                The portages are getting steeper.  We end one in a sandy scree slope right down to the water today, and a refreshing swim douses the heat after.  That seems to be it for awhile which is good.  The river changes today.  We paddle through a valley flanked by steep sweeping hills and sheer cliffs.  The river flows broad and fast.  Today we start making fun of Michael Bublé because he is what I refer to as a ridiculous asshole.  The game is to make fun of his last album by paraphrasing its name.  Thing is, we can never remember what it’s really called.  For example. . . Bublé: “sorry my soul is so dark inside” (you have to say these with a brooding, 

pensive voice).  Bublé:”this relationship is one person.” Bublé: “Don’t worry, I broke my heart too.”  Try it, it grows on you.  Recent update: I just googled the actual title, and it is “Call me irresponsible”  I almost cried.  It’s so funny.  He’s sitting there brooding on this black and white poster looking like just an absolute sleezeball.  Like he’s got such a dark soul and he can’t help it.  Yeah I’m black inside, think I’ll sing some lounge. . .

We camp at an amazing waterfall cascading through hollowed out granite of epic proportions.  

Überdimensional as they say in German.  Sam comments that it looks like a skateboard park.  I end up pitching my tent on a rock wide enough for two, barely.  Murielle sleeps in a hole, I laugh.  We make a chocolate cake with rehydrated strawberries fried in marshmallow for icing. . . delicious.  

3 Comments:

Blogger DJ Mums said...

Oh Bublé... I almost choked on a piece of apple laughing out loud when I read the actual name of the CD. But my favourite remains Hayley's "Bublé: my heart is on the rocks".

PS: sleeping in the abysses of that hole wasn't funny, ok?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 1:17:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

oh my god, I forgot about that one. Absolutely brilliant. Part shipreck, part alcoholic drink, all good.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 1:30:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of Zango? Maybe the most infuriating thing ever installed on any computer anywhere. Just think of purposefully installing a thing that will give you pop up ads related to whatever you are typing in exchange for emoticons. I think I might need to put a sign on my computer saying that if you install something, be sure that it is not in exchange for emoticons. ´Cause that never ends well.


yank.

Friday, September 26, 2008 at 9:32:00 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home