pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

D9




D9

Cloistre fook. Rain and freezing cold plague us. We paddle up to a 2 k portage, and the

fact that I can’t see what it circumvents drives me crazy. It takes about three hours too long because of me. I pace up and down the slippery boulders looking for an alternative, and I decide to line. 15 minutes in I decide to turn around. We have to drag our boats upstream through a boulder field and then portage the worst 2 kms I’d witnessed till that point. . .ever. Up a steep incline, slippery, windy, disappearing over ancient boulder deposits. While resting between trips a small abandoned duckling paddles up to us. After 10 minutes of giving chase to capture the little fuzzball, he is named Moses. We figure he might live longer than one more day with us. We portage with him dangling like a fuzzy football with webbed feet in my arms. We scale a huge portage over a canyon later than evening, and finally I see what the character of this river is.

5 Comments:

Blogger will said...

so instead of a fancy new ipod touch, you have sweet f.a.?

you want me to hunt her down and steal hers?

Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 5:07:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

Sweet f.a. is precisely what I have. That and a psychobitch that waits for me to call after saying "I'll pay you for it, I'll give you everything I have right now: $100, and I'll pay you the rest later" And then when I call starts an argument about the 1 mean comment I made in response to literally 57 text messages in one day. This becomes wonderful leverage with which to sidestep the issue and hang up on me in self-induced rage, leaving me -$300 and +a lot more anger. Awesome.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 6:11:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger will said...

dude, that really sucks.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 9:42:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear baby ducks are really tender. I hope you had oranges for the preparation.

yank.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 9:58:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

yeah we drew and quartered him with carabiners and throw bags and 10:1 mechanical advantage. He never knew what hit him.

what?

Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 10:28:00 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home