pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Fatties should keep well away"

Thank you Laura for typing this up. So I sent my parents christmas presents and the wrapping was pictures of new zealand, and some of the packing material was scrunched up newspaper articles that I found on the coffee table where I was living on Ohakune. I knew my mom would read some of these, and I knew she would find nuggets of information that would describe new zealand in ways I never could. That is exactly what happened. I somehow also knew that anything worth reading would come back to me, which it did. Well my mom shared it with Laura, and Laura shared it with me, so here it is. Trips in Doubtful sound have been going AWESOME. Will post pictures soon. This excerpt from a letter to the editor describes the Kiwi mentality to a T. If you don't like honesty, stay out of New Zealand. If you're fat, then don't bother either.

***

Last week on TV One's Close Up, the main item was about an immigrant with type-2 diabetes being denied entry. A professional medical assessment said that the woman in question would cost the country 25 000 a year for up to four years. She'd already lost about 30kg, allegedly ate only healthy food and her husband was a chef. To be blunt and totally politically incorrect, we don't want any more fat people in this country, given already strained medical services thanks to the complications of fat people and their lifestyles. It costs a lot of our hard-earned tax money to help these fat people try to life a normal life. No one forces them to eat and live a lazy life. Why should we put up with the same old excuses? They should be ashamed, eat less and exercise, and blame no one but themselves. Slimmer people live happier and healthier lives. The global scourge of diabetes is stoppable or at least solvable, so I agree with our immigration service- if people are fat and a health risk, they should stay away from New Zealand.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're putting up some wicked pictures man. but it's hard for some of us to live vicariously through you if you don't have...anecdotes...

-willsy

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 4:42:00 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home