pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

If you're wondering why I haven't blogged for awhile. . . there's a reason. I'm on the other side of the planet. After about the 20th hour out of 30 hours of travelling, the sun came up over down under. I raised the window shade and I stared out the window, bleary eyed and bloodshot, with the two kiwis on either side of me. I sat slackjawed looking at the pink clouds and purple sky. The sun was rising, and like a giant off centre division sign the horizon between cloud layers was shockingly punctuated by the biggest, whitest, fullest, and most upside down moon I'd ever seen. That was three days ago. Since then I've seen two seas, some desert, rainforest, a glacier that goes through a rain forest, got a cellphone, had a job interview, crossed the country in a car, slept in that car, failed to return the car on time, kept the car longer, and tomorrow I'm driving futher south for another job interview in the last little patch of land before the antarctic. That's why I've taken so long to write. I'm fine, this place is hilarious, the people are funny, and I haven't seen any douchebags yet. Give it time.

Talk toon, 2.24 left on internet here. . .Forgot data cable for camera, no pictures for awhile, trouble writing complete sentences, sacrificed use of definite articles.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you made it safe and sound Malark. Hope the interviews go well man. Cheers,
bober

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 2:36:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

marrcuuuuus glad to know you made it there. sorry i didn't get to see you before you left again. post pictures!!
gaby

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 11:36:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger D Pipes said...

heya Marcus

good to hear that all is swell on the flipside of the equator....have you done the toilet experiment yet?

D.

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 1:41:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

that's alright gabbo. Pieper, every toilet has flushed straight down or is directed by the jets built into it, like in canada. I read somewhere that the coreolis effect being a strong enough force to influence toilet flush is a myth, but I don't know if it's true. A kiwi girl on the plane assured me it is a real effect. Anyway I know that pouring milkor water out of a jug is inluenced by the coreolis effect (the way the liquid twists coming out) so maybe I should experiment with that.

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 7:13:00 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home