pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Oooooooorillia?


things that happened to me this weekend:
-I rode in a stretch Lincoln Navigator limo
-I went to a bar with bottle service
-I was surprised either of these was allowed considering my lack of fine taste in clothing, 

particularly my ratty old sneakers that my mom can't even stand, never mind the stuffy bouncers
-I had breakfast at 3:00 in a place where everyone was doing it (having breakfast)
-I brought a guy into the breakfast place that had 
my friends staring slackjawed at me, because he had more languages and degrees in his head than he had teeth (he had like 8 teeth)
-he almost gave me a cellphone
-I barely slept

These are probably the things I should be writing about, but the stories are too wierd and I'm too hungover.  Instead I will tell you what I learned about the burnt out car next door.  The guy that owned it was driving back from Toronto.  About 3 k out from here, on highway 6, he smelled smoke coming from his car.  About 2 k out he saw smoke coming from his car.  About 1 K out he saw fire coming from his car.  In each instance he stepped 
on the gas a little more, thinking "Well I gotta get home."  He had a transmission leak, and the fluid caught fire.  He came tearing into his driveway with his volvo, which was now trailing flames, I pictured it like a little rocket car.  He skidded onto his grass, and in one motion (in my mind) the door flung open and he tumbled out, running to his house from his now partly engulfed car.  By the time the fire department arrived the blaze was far to hot to extinguish, so they simply controlled it with a ring of foam around the car and watched it combust.  Awesome.   Apparently the guy knew he had a leak days before and didn't do shit about it, so that's what he gets.  Goodbye old Volvo.  One mystery remains.  When I went to check it out the car smelled like kerosene, unburned.  I'm no expert, but like I said: It 
wasn't a diesel, so why the diesel fuel smell?  Was there more to the story here? Cue twilight zone theme song.  

7 Comments:

Blogger D Pipes said...

what da' heo happened to you this weekend? and WHERE is the 3am breakfast joint? I'm hunnnngry!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:48:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I should have come to that party on saturday. Sounds adventuresome. Oh well, I rarely reqret choosing sleep.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 11:00:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger will said...

maybe the foam the firemen used was oil based...you know, fight fire with fire?

I just blew my own mind with that little gem.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 11:51:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

deb it was out of control. But you saved yourself a nice headache, I will say that much. Also the bottle service was ridiculous. They just being bottles of liquor, jugs of ice and various vessels of mix put and you make what you want. Bill ordered a twenty dollar appetizer and accidentally got the bill for the whole night. How this was all worth $745 we may never know. Thankfully the birthday dude's girlfriend covered it. Bill and I laughed that on the birthday of a signficant other that we really loved we MIGHT spend around $100. Wow.
Willsy, a diesel based fire extinguisher is like a water based flamethrower.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 10:34:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Stu said...

She had $745 to spend and she didn't get a new boat? Weird.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 5:40:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you suggesting foul play on this burning car thing? Big balls is on the case.

yank

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 6:12:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

Big Balls is Yank's new dog. Yank it's nice to see you come full circle after threatening to clack Negrito's jaw for free. Negrito is a little black stray dog I wanted to take around with us in La Fortuna when I went to visit Yank in Costa Rica.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 7:44:00 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home