pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Cowboys need love too


I need to overcome my ennui. I have stuff to do, don't get me wrong, I just don't feel like doing it right NOW. Therein lies my problem. Going out would be fun, I'm sure there are a few people I could convince too. . . but the toll on my body and braincells is something to be savoured for special occasions - like weekends - and today is Thursday. Sometimes there's not much else to do but bust out the djembe and kick out a few riffs, it has been awhile since I have done that. That and think about spring. . . The camp I work at - Kandalore - hosts 24 day long canoe trips known as 'explorer' trips. These flow into the northern ontario/quebec watershed that is James bay. It will be my 15th summer there this year, and it's time for me to do one of these freakin' trips, and I want to make sure it happens. I need to get a few certifications before it does happen though, ie my Wilderness First Responder and my WRT1. Google these if you don't know what they are. Anywho I want to get these in good time to make sure I can get away somewhere cool for spring. I have applied to Village camps, which are associated loosely with Kandalore, and there are a few locations in France and Switzerland that I would like to check out. The France location boasts rock climbing, mountain biking, rapelling, caving and paddling as some of their main activites. Working there would KICK ASS. So I applied, and it only cost $48 to send my application xpresspost from Canada! Unbelievable. They wanted photocopies of both my passports (I have a Canadian and a Swedish one, story for another blog), driver's license, certifications, a huge questionnaire, resume, etc. Very elaborate, actually more work than applying for my master's at Guelph to tell you the truth. . . But that's what I think about when I have nothing to do. That and I hold idle conversation with Bob, the KING of idle conversation. It's not hard to do since a message comes through every 10 minutes or so. . . I'll be busy as all hell soon and will relish this time, since the first midterm I mark is written on the 7th and the other on the 9th of Feb. . . that's going to be a busy week, yo! Maybe next entry I will post the story of Chippy the chipmunk. I have been leading whitewater canoe trips for the last couple of summers at Kandalore and that is one of my favourite memories. . . that and the time I scored a brand new boat for nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home