pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Adventures in Wilderness 001


Pipes and I came up with this joke sooo long ago, we've been laughing about it for years, even though it's only funny to us (which really ties in to the last blog entry). In fact, it was when I had writer's block trying to entertain Yank with that entry that I went to Pipes and asked him about things that make him laugh from his past. Then we talked about this - then we remembered we wanted to make a comic, so we turned it into one. We're submitting it to the Ontarion with very little hope that it will go anywhere, but just like this blog, it entertains the shit out of me, so there you go.

Great, now there goes my hat.

Anyone who's seen the Far Side comic on our fridge will get that. If you haven't, well come over and see it for God's sake.

You know I just struggled with the capitalization of the word 'God'. I capitalized it to be proper, then I said "fuck that, the man can't tell me how to live." and I decapitalized it. Then I decided that doing that was to acknowledge there was someone watching who I wanted to think wasn't watching me, which in turn would make me a believer, negating the fact that I decapitalized his name, and merely pissing him off. So I said "no fuck THAT, I am liberated, I will capitalize it and I'll use it in a sentence because it's only a figure of speech and nothing more. . ." But do I really believe that now? Can I call myself a true atheist when I struggle with capitalizing that word? Ah yes, a tangeant for another blog.

done!

11 Comments:

Blogger Robertito Orton said...

oh my god did you ever blog. this might be something that i should have kept to myself, but everyone loves poop stories. so last night in my sleep (sleep here is not as nice as it is in the first world) i dreamt that i shit (which is kinda a big deal cause i'm currently riding the immodium AD roller coaster... shitting my brains out for a few days, then not shitting for a week) well anyway, it's been a while since i shit, but i dreamt about a shit, then woke up, and thought that maybe i shat the bed (a lovely phrase that my dad taught me) then relieved that i hadn't went back to sleep. soon after waking up i shat and it looked EXACTLY like my dream shit. i can see the future.

yank.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 at 12:01:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

Oh
My
God.

I just walked around my room laughing a hearty belly laugh. My eyes were closed, head to the ceiling belly laugh. You fuckin kill me Yank, when are you coming home?

Saturday, January 20, 2007 at 12:30:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

think about it this way. What kind of god gives a flying fuck about capitalization?

(i know i missed the crux of the argument but i thought it was a valid point)

-deb

p.s. I like your comic

Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 1:42:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

hahaha YES! Deb, why do you live so far away from me?


you would like that comic

Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 2:12:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a question of belief, but of grammar. God is the name of the supreme Christian entity, just like Marcus is the name of the writer of this blog. I don't accepted Marcus as my one true saviour, but I do capitalize his name.

I've actually had this discussion before.

Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 4:23:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bob said...

Wow, yank i just cried, that was incredable, malark you are on fire as of recently and thanks for the comment on the pics el padre
Peace
Bob

Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 9:32:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger The Darcys said...

it looks like there is more lists at www.youlovelists.blogspot.com

also, the new one is www.wmarskell.blogspot.com

it is new, but it is getting there.
hearts
wes

Monday, January 22, 2007 at 10:35:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....speaking of grammar.


marcus, i hope that comic is not a direct stab at every trip i have ever led because it is eerily familliar. also they invented lactose free cream chees fuck yeah life is awesome.

love j

Monday, January 22, 2007 at 10:42:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

oh couse, I think it hits a little too close to home for all of us, but I would be lying if I said I didn't see the similarities between this and the stories of your last Moisie.

congrats on the Cream Cheese, that is a personal victory in the book of J Couse.

you have the same initials as Jesus.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 10:26:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger The Darcys said...

www.haloscan.com
fuck around on that for a bit and you will figure it out.

much love.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 1:13:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger The Darcys said...

ps. that was wes

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 1:13:00 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home