pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Loose ends





Ohhhh updates updates updates. The last 9 days have been a blur of days bordering on 12 hours at school. Let me bitch and whine cause I can! I am in the lab, every other day I kill 4 rats, and then on the in between days I slice their brains, and that is the time consuming part. This is interspersed with tutoring and going to classes, some of which are quite inconsequential, others which I TA and am required to be at. But all in all I don't mind it. Tonight was a 6 hours stretch of slicing, which is a long one, but there were three of us in there, my buddy Craig hanging out just to entertain the two of us, which was great, so we listenened to Dane Cook and Monty Python and giggled away. I do miss being outside though. Got new skis on ebay (have I mentioned this) and I have yet to go out and use the things. . . soooon. The snow keeps falling which is a plus. A couple of nights ago I went to a friend's place. It was my Britton's birthday and I hadn't seen her in forever, so there was a small camp gathering just around the corner from here, which was fun. Alaina came down from Kingston and we hadn't seen each other since Christmas so it was nice to catch up. We had a great laugh about stuff I forgot all about, like the time my mom didn't fall asleep at night because we were leaving for BC the next day and (get this) she forgot to hem my pants. Yeah you read that right. Hem my pants. My mom's a bit of a worry wort. Alaina leaves for California on the 13th of February for her placement with the OEE program at Queen's. I am jealous, needless to say, because she gets to do all kinds of cool shit there, including whitewater rafting (in Utah I think) and surfing ocean waves in a kayak. Fuck it, I'll let her explain it. http://www.alainasadventures.blogspot.com/ read all about it there. Right now it's pretty empty and uninventive, but I'm assuming it will fill up as time goes on. So there you go Camp folks, don't say I never sent you nowhere.

Bob, do you still read this? We may be partying saturday. Hell, if you can read this and make it to Guelph saturday night, we may be partying saturday. Bob is back in the country, he flew in a few nights ago. He seemed a little nonplussed that I wasn't ready to drink on saturday, but I didn't give my schedule enough thought. I'm pretty sure it should be all cleared up by then bobber! Don't you worry. We'll keep in touch about that. Anyway it's been awhile since I've imbibed, and it's about time. I also realised I have no pictures since the snow has been falling. It's been a lot of time since I've gone out shooting, which also is not good. It's been awhile since I've done a lot of things. Time to take my life back.

The second pic is of my friend Colin http://www.masvinoporfavor.blogspot.com rippin' a sweet surf at the Gull river a few years back. Thought it was a nice pic, and it's the least I can do for him after taking all those pics of himself in my backstreet boys shirt in south america. Thanks Colin. Good for you stealing my shirt and putting it to a good cause. You're like the Robin Hood of shirt thieves.

So what else has occurred? Well against all odds the cartoon D-Rock and I drew got published in the Ontarion. Christ - I know. Like really? How did this happen? I don't know, were they bored? Mischevious? Lacking talent and needing something to fill the space? Or (God forbid) did they find us funny? I don't know, but Pieper and I took it to heart, we decided that just in case we were funny to anyone but us we better draw another one, and really make it funny this time. So here it is in case it doesn't come out this Thursday (sorry I couldn't help myself) and this time we laughed and laughed when we made it. It's the mystery that makes it so enticing I think.

So this time I'm being a worry wort. My parents left for Belize awhile back - I don't remember the exact date, I'm sure I could figure it out if I tried but that would ruin the moment - and I got one phone message from them 2 days after they landed saying they were fine. Haven't heard from them since. Remember my mom? Forgot to hem pants, didn't sleep? Yeah she usually calls every few days. What is their deal? I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it a bit peculiar. Call parents, call. I didn't mean what I said. I don't think it's funny that your faces scrunch up when you take your malaria pills. Well, yes I do, but still - call.

Oh - so shit I find funny. I find this youtube video excruciatingly funny:

So if you watched the end of that video you now know why when things go horribly wrong Graeme and I will look at eachother and say "Back to you Dale."

Also, Deb over email told me how funny she thought it was when kids are on a portage, just turtled on their backs, limbs flailing. My God I laughed. Deb you are so right. I just picture that kid that tried to carry a pack bigger than him/herself, both water jugs, all the paddles, and a bunch of lifejackets. Now they're a garage sale, they've dropped eveyrthing except for one paddle, which they are trying to use as a crutch to get up with. They also haven't dropped the pack, since they're lying on it and they're attached to it. Basically these kids are strapped to the ground. And you have to contain your laughter as you put your boat down and bend down to help them up. Cute, funny, sad, hilarious all at the same time. Oh what a picture.


I think I have a pic of a kid somewhere with a pack like this biting off more than he can chew. Ah yes, remember all the winds this past summer? They knocked a lot of trees down. Trees taller than 9 year olds. . .Yep there it is. there is a kid under there somewhere, he was a trooper!

It's okay little guy, you'll get it some day.
Okay, 2 more days of poo, home stretch here I come. Yank, speaking of poo, how is your tropical disease?











9 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Malark, dont think i can do sat night, is it at all possible to come up fri or you still gonna have your game on, if so dont worry i can come up on the 16th 17th? i plan to go to ottawa next weekend for winterlude so. Anyways we will catch up someday. You should do a continuation of the camper cartoon with them carrying the heavy packs or something, how long is this portage... h few k and some kid biting off more than he can chew eating it hard or something. solid blog, im workin on gettin my last one done, gonna be alot of pictures. take it easy bro. Bob

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 11:52:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Robertito Orton said...

back on the immodium rollercoaster, this time the doctor told me that the medicine he gave me was a ¨tapon¨ which translates to plug. so that should be fun when my body protests that treatment. but i´m back home and back to work now. just moved all my stuff to an unfurnished apartment so i´ll be eating dinner crosslegged in the middle of the floor tonite. think of me. i love you. hope you are well.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 1:01:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bob said...

Did you use maple leaf stamps in the blast or whats with the maple leafs? sorry just noticed. also when is reading week and what are your plans for it malark?
Cheers

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 2:14:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bob's back in canada?
"oh, hey bob."

mack

Thursday, February 1, 2007 at 11:55:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

haha nice mack

Yes Bob I used maple leaf stamps. Also Friday is going to be a quiet one around here so we'll have to make it another weekend. . . maybe next? Also reading week, likely I will be in the lab, why what'd you have in mind?

Thursday, February 1, 2007 at 3:12:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Bob said...

oh....hey

Thursday, February 1, 2007 at 3:59:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes me laugh even more than turtles is the sight of a canoe heading down a portage with four pairs of legs sticking out of it and the angry shouts of pj boys echoing inside its aluminium hull. Whenever I see it I pause what I'm doing to fully absorb the moment. It never fails to cheer me up.

Thursday, February 1, 2007 at 8:11:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

Stu I'm totally feelin' that. . .

ps those vicious bastards didn't publish our comic. But they did publish comics that are irrefutable less funnier than explosions happening in caves.

Thursday, February 1, 2007 at 8:27:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Colin said...

I made it in!

greetings...

(wearing the sacred shirt right now)

Monday, February 5, 2007 at 7:41:00 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home