pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Monday, September 29, 2008

D13



Went up to Kandalore to lead a looper, trees were changing colour, really nice.  That's all I'll say for now. . .

D13

                We crash down ledgy sets of foamy silliness.  Murielle tells the kids to run river right down a left bend 800m long and classically misjudges the size of some distant waves and a boat swamps.  Everyone is okay, and we all see how tricks of perspective happen on a river this size.  I ran river left. Heh heh heh.  The hills here are pointy, like dunce caps.  Thunder blows up and we boot it to a bush crash machete campsite.   Today we scheduled out the rest of the trip.  We are on track with an extra day which is great.  If  these village idiots would get moving in the morning we could have three 

extras like everyone else.  . . today hunger rears its ugly head.   People have gone from polite and considerate and have started grabbing from each other’s hands and genuinely pissing each other off.  They still play it off as a joke, but I can see how things could quickly turn if we didn’t have enough food.  William Golding eat your heart out.  We have till day 23 to get out of here, so hopefully no pigs will be decapitated before that time.  The Moisie surges past our lowland flat down to the valley.  I’m stoked to see what’s down there.  The maps promise some canyon 

paddling.  Also today a cloud formed that looked 

exactly like king kong reaching at us out of the sky.  I’m just saying. 

 ** That picture of foamy silliness is courtesy Murielle. . . thanks Murielle.

4 Comments:

Blogger will said...

is it wrong that the first thing I noticed about this blog was that its title doesn't follow the format of the others? is that because it was a totally e.p.i.c. day?

I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into this...

...or maybe I'm just bored and putting off finishing a photo assignment. take your pick.

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 12:11:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

Holy crap - let me fix that right away!

Whew that was close.

thank you for paying closer attention to my blog than I do. that is a sign that you deserve a better blog. I'll try to live up to that standard with the next entry. . .

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 12:40:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

wait, does e.p.i.c. stand for something?

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 12:41:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger will said...

yes, I need a life.

and no, I just felt like the day was so epic that it needed emphasis on every letter in written form...or something.

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 12:52:00 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home