pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Riding the razor's edge of probability











This morning I noticed on my contact list that my friend Ian was listening to I shot the Sheriff at the exact moment that I was. Is that impressive? How about this. . . I have a 4000 song playlist, and he has a 5000 song playlist. So given our odds of listening to any one song are equal (assumption) and multiplying those probabilities together, you know what the odds are? 1 in 20,000,000. That's rediculous. And that is assuming our playlists our the same, and I know they aren't, so the odds are even smaller that we both have any one song on the list. Amazing. Yeah, this is the level of trivial detail that occupies my head this Sunday afternoon, because last night alcohol and I had another fight, and we probably won't see each other until next weekend. So we went out to Van Gogh's ear, and since bob got another fresh cast, a few nights ago I sawed my name into it - again. Then, seeing how blank and desolate it was without anything else on it, I borrowed a few sharpies from Alaina and formulated a plan. Once the night was underway I dragged Bob by the cast around the bar and got as many phone numbers and signatures as possible. Bob says he's not impressed with me, especially since someone wrote "suck a dick" on his cast, but I know he loves me because someone also proposed marriage. . . even though that was on his arm. Things got a little out of hand once we ran out of real estate on the cast, and I was having a little too much fun to stop there. Anyway, now his cast looks like he's had it on for months, which is nice. It's not fresh, maybe that will help him get used to it. He's a bit down because now he's registered with the CSD (Centre for Students with Disabilities) at Guelph. Personally I don't see the big deal with that. . . That means free note takers and everything. Last night I also discovered that Quinine (the stuff in tonic) glows bright pale blue under black lights. Bad ass. I don't know what posessed me to drink Gin and Tonics all night but they were delicious. . . Especially wash down the Irish Car Bombs from earlier in the night. What the hell did we do, Bob? Alaina and Britton celebrated their birthdays together last night, so it was nice to see some camp folk and get out and tear it up a bit. In the words of my good friend Bill - "That'll happen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home