pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Virgin Mary is alive and working at Burger King right now.


This is absolutely priceless. This is what happens when careful observation meets a sense of humour. Throw in a dash of sinsister practicality. (just click the picture)

If aliens are watching, they're laughing.

So yeah, here is a week entry.

Much has changed since we spoke (read) last.
I may or may not have mentioned I was hoping to work in Europe for the spring. I had my interview with Village Camps the other day, the people I spent 48 dollars to send an application to. I guess they liked it. They hired me pretty much over the phone, if I could pat myself on the back for just a sec here. . . I was worried I wouldn't get the position in France, which had mountain biking, paddling, and caving as the main activities *drool* - the problem was I needed to be back for my WRT1 course here on the 16th. Well Rose over at VC pulled some strings and I'm in. No worries though, if I didn't get in there I would've ended up in Switzerland, not a shabby second place. So every week they give me $225 euros and let me off the leash for 1.5 days to see if I can spend it all. I will show them, oh I will. Next is to bust out an atlas and figure out exactly where the Ardeche is. . . And what it is. A region of the mountains is my rudimentary guess. Well f-it. If they got kids, they got flowing water, and they got gravity then I'm there. With wheels, paddles, ropes or whatever the position requires. My friend Anne who is doing Volunteer work in Tanzania right now http://journals.volunteer.org.nz/entry.php?id=1631 may be registered for France as well, so I can't wait to tell her we're working together!

In other travel news, Alaina and I decided we had to go somewhere hot for reading week, since she's never been anywhere hot and I didn't get my fair share of vigilante justice and tropical adventure over Christmas, so we just booked tickets South America. In the words of my good friend Yank - bad fuckin' ass. Margarita is an Island just off the northeast coast of Venezuela and we are going to check it out for ourselves on the 16th of February.

I just invigilated my first mid term the other day in a Neuro course here, so I have a stack of exams to go through, and a stack more coming tomorrow. . . I think it will be solid work, hopefully I will be done by the break. It may be entertaining though. . . I read through a few papers this morning and had myself a hearty laugh.

Here's why:

One of the questions was:
"A teenage girl describes (quite convincingly) to her parents that she has just seen the Virgin Mary appear to her. The parents take her to a priest and the priest informs them that there could be three possibilities, what are they?"
Answer for three marks:
1) The girl actually saw the Virgin Mary
2) The girl made it up
3) The girl had a localized epileptic seizure affecting the temporal lobe, triggering hyperreligiosity and an apparition.

Here is what one dude wrote:

1) Temporal lobe state induced by partial seizure w/ complex symptoms correlated with hyperreligiosity.
2) Mary is alive and working at Burger King right now.


Needless to say he gets a mark.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

relaxing answer kolkatta font flat enumerated palvix wikiscreated ingenix dictum apoptosis
lolikneri havaqatsu

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 8:44:00 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home