pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

D16





Been gone a little while. . . went up to Tobermory last weekend. . . swam in freezing ass cold water that looked more like the carribean than it felt.  Ontario, who knew?  Went up to camp after that to lead another looper in blazing fall colours, and finally went to Laura's aunt's cottage for a thanksgiving chill out near Minden, which was convenient.  the whole business was ripe with canoeing, hikes, and runs of the gull river at a fantastic level.  How is it still hot out?  Will write more soon.  I would apologize for all the pictures, but there were lots taken and I couldn't decide. So I'm not apologizing.  I'm going to go vote now.

NDP or bust.

I like high speed.


You want to know something crazy?  Bruce Lee is still alive.



D16

               

Today is an all day slog in incessant rain.  Mist shrouds the peaks as we work our way into bigger and deeper canyons.  Class III’s and nervous tension about the consequences of a dump dampen the afternoon further.  The sets are great fun, but huge boulders block our view and lining opportunities.  Misty air blows our clothes to our skin under a steely sky and we break out layer after warm layer while we wait in cold eddies for Murielle to scout along the slippery rocks.   

We’re happy to get to a site with a redonk view of fjordlike cliffs.  

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was worried about Bruce, glad to hear he's still kickin'

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 11:47:00 AM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don´t have much to say... just wanted you to know that I´m still reading.

yank.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 1:16:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger D Pipes said...

me too..just letting you know i'm here..or there...depending on your perspective.

nice photos - UK has been sunny and warm as well. go figure?

D.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 3:11:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

hey guys. nice to know you're here

or there

I appreciate that.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 3:18:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey marcus how did you get the stars to look that way in your nighttime pic? i've always wanted to do a shot like that.



bruce lee is one hell of a fish.

mack

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 6:08:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

He sure is Mack. He's far outlived all expectations. To get the stars moving you need to do a long exposure. That one went for 3 minutes. A lot of point and shoots can do at least 30 seconds, in which you can get a bit of the motion blur.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 7:25:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger will said...

how'd you get a 3 minute exposure? I have a D-SLR (Nikon D60) for school and that baby only goes to 30 seconds as well...guess that's what I get for spending under $1000 eh?

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 3:19:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

Hmm. . . I suppose. It's a pretty sharp drop off and then it levels off I think. That old 4 MP camera I bought 4 years ago went to 30" also. You know, the one I dropped in a pint of beer and then replaced.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 11:19:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger will said...

so I just discovered that the 'bulb' setting in my shutter speed control is essentially an unlimited exposure setting. as long as I'm holding the shutter release, it'll expose the sensor. I think that's emoticon worthy. :)

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 1:40:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

yes, I'm emoting just thinking about it. . . you should find a way not to have to touch the camera during the exposre, as that will ruin it.

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 1:50:00 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home