pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

yikes - D21

So the stress of last minute planning is starting to set in.  Couple of weeks to go till I know if my NZ visa cleared, one more than that till the flight which I haven't yet booked leaves.  No answer from the glacier company for  a couple of days about my prospects of a job even though last time we talked they said come down for an interview, like they're just around the block.  Also I'm 

trying to sort out my next step (teaching in vietnam?) after that without spending 1,000,000 canadian dollars.  the recession is really helping with that, thanks for making the prices so cheap for me American corporations, you misjudging greedy bastards.  As you can see I'm slowly 

turning into concernicus.  This is probably really entertaining for all those who see this happen every time I'm about to go somewhere. . .trust me, I totally relax once i get there.


D21

                Pit day today.  Late pancakes followed by a bushwack up the local steeps to the nearest leering piece of granite ending in a great aerial view.  The descent involves some steep slides and harrowing cliffhangers but is fun.  Later we take Sherman the inflatable shark down the nearest CI.  Pretty fun until Murielle accidentally ruins Christmas by jumping on him and popping him with her river knife.  Pirate.  Lazy sunny day, good rest up for train tracks.  This trip is  a mega 

Magnetwan, and thirty dollar rapids is tomorrow.  Bring that shit.  Here’s hoping to a yellow sun paving across a blue dome two days in a row.  Tomorrow there will be tides.  Trains will trundle by with ore from every point between here and Lab City.  Helicopters fly through the canyon, banking 20 ft above our heads and doubling back to get another look at us.  We’ve seen about 15 of them and they’re not cool anymore, this river is a hub of activity down here.  

9 Comments:

Blogger Stu said...

A river knife Murielle? Relax.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 4:02:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

hahaha YES! Good usage Stu. . . GREAT usage. Murielle I got your postcard from Amsterdam today. Funniest part was I had NO idea you were even out of the country. Did I know about this trip? Aaaanyway I will send you that DVD. I burned it already, now I just have to mail it. How was Europe?

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 6:59:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what i didn't know you still used this. my life just got meaning again.
GABY

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 8:37:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course Gaby comes out of nowhere.... to puke on my things.


yank

Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 9:22:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger DJ Mums said...

No, Stu. Marcus said Pirate because I was actually swimming down a set with a knife between my teeth like a legit pirate. I just like stabbing things and making children feel sad.
Thanks for the DVD, Marcus. I may have mentioned I was going to Belgium and Amsterdam this summer, I'm not sure anymore. The trip was fantastic, I'll try posting some pictures and anecdotes on my blog eventually. PS: it's funny you were talking about Piggy the other day, I have a long term project to do on LotF this semester and I've been spending most of the week doing charcoal sketches of some of the scenes in the book...fun.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 9:56:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

yeah gaby you would come out of nowhere. . . it's cause I finally got facebook, there's a little publicity coming through now.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 1:58:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger D Pipes said...

i find Yank's comment hilarious - time for a little CSI, no?

D.

Friday, October 24, 2008 at 7:43:00 PM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

hahaha yes that was sort of overlooked wasn't it. It was hilarious

Friday, October 24, 2008 at 8:04:00 PM GMT-5

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROB- how many times can i apologize for puking on your hat/bed and then cleaning it with clorox. i'm sorry. i'm sorry.
GABY

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 10:23:00 PM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home