pictures - nonsense - confusion. proud to be part of it all since 1981.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

D17





Has anyone seen the movie Blindness?  I just went and saw it, and I have no idea what to think.  There was feces, raping and pillaging, a sanitarium, all in a Goldingesque hierarchy of chaos.  If you've read Lord of the Flies and you want to know what would happen if everyone was Piggy, 

go watch Blindness.  They filmed a good deal of it in Guelph. . . interesting factoid.  I probably would have killed a lot more people than Julianne Moore did if it were me, but I guess that's why I'm not trapped in Ward 1 of the Guelph Correctional Centre, or the 'Reformatorium' as it was once called.


D17

                Day of infamy.  We boot to the salmon ladder and learn where the hype comes from.  A steep ascent over embedded fallen logs leaves our legs weak for chest level trees across the path, followed by a steep drop into slippery boulder bogs.  This is followed by a rickety boardwalk over house and toolshed sized boulders.  Comical really.  Almost as comical as the dopey porcupine I 

photographed sauntering across a shinglebank earlier that day.  I caught a shot of him glancing 

sidelong like “what do you want?”  his expression as prickly as his quills, before he swam across the river like a little floating pincushion covered in moss.  At the salmon ladder we learn about the salmon that approach this river raging through a slot in a cliff.  These fish swim here from as far as Greenland.  Mind blowing.  We stay at the property of Fred and Liette who are out for the season. We raid their rhubarb and I dig up their entire chives patch and transfer it to my poly bottle.  Bye Basil.  Who knew I’d meet Liette 

later. . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this might seem hilarious but i had no idea porcupines swim, i've only ever seen them lazing in trees. i have a whole new opinion about them now.
i'm excited about this, its 7 in the morning and i already learned something new. this has to be a good omen.

mack

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 6:18:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger will said...

as if you're up at 7 in the morning...more than that, you have the time to sit here and read this blog...

also, excellent use of forshadowing there marcus.

(I've typed and re-typed forshadowing and it doesn't look right no matter how I type it, so if it's wrong, I just don't care.)

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 9:11:00 AM GMT-5

 
Blogger Marcus said...

foreshadowing

did I use foreshadowing? I'm going to go reread that post. Also Mack, I posted a pic of the porcupine swimming. I'm glad you both have time to sit here and read this blog. More than that, Will, you and I are on at the same time :)

That's when you use an emoticon. When you want to emote.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 9:19:00 AM GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home